IIT Ropar MTECH and MS Written/Interview

I applied for both MTech and MS Research program at IIT Ropar. MTech program for CSE was started for first time while MS program was started 1.5 years before. I got written test and interview call through mail on 12April. The written test and interview was scheduled on 26April,2017 and reporting time was 9am. 
As usual I was late and reached IIT Ropar at 10:15 and fortunately written test started at 10:30 am😀 
Written test was a subjective, yes you heard right it was subjective and not objective. Test constituted 23 questions and 60 marks and 2hours were given to complete it. It mainly constituted Gate level questions. Around 30% of the paper constituted programming and algorithm questions while rest covered all the Gate subjects. One biggest mistake most of the candidates including me did was that after Gate exam we got too relaxed and did not revised Gate Subjects properly. I advice you to revise Gate subjects properly before coming for written test. 
After the written test we had to show the original documents (Gate Score, Bachelors mark sheets, +2 and 10th) along with xerox. 
MTech students were allowed to leave the campus as they did not had any interview. They just had written test for admission. MTech CSE had 20 seats while MS Research had max 10 seats. 
My interview was scheduled for 3:50 pm but it started around 4:10pm.
I entered the interview room and there were 3 professors. I asked the permission to sit and the interview started.
Q1. Tell me something about yourself ?
Q2. Explain the project you did in your Bachelors ?
Ans This question ruined my interview. I told them that I made and iOS application and explained about it.
Q3. Which programming language it used ?
Ans ObjectiveC
Q4. Is ObjectiveC object oriented language ?
Ans. Yes
Now everything was about to change as I didn't knew in depth about object oriented programming.
Q5. Explain inheritance in C++ ?
Ans. Explained
Q6. What is Virtual Function in C++?
Ans. Don't know Sir.
Q7. They opened written paper which we gave early in the morning and asked you did not solved last question on C++ ?
Ans. Time was less so I could not attempt it.
Q8. Ok do this question now. Can you solve it?
Ans. Could not do it.
Q9. Explain 3way handshake in TCP?
Ans. Explained
Q10. If sender is sending at very fast rate than receiver could accept. What is the name of the this concept?
Ans. Flow control in TCP done using TCP congestion control algorithm
Q11. What is the disadvantage of TCP congestion control algorithm?
Ans Could not thought of any. So I told I don't know.
Q12. What is your favourite subject?
Ans. Discrete Mathematics?
Q13. In Discrete Mathematics what is your favourite topic?
Ans. Graph Theory
They asked me to move to white board
Q14. What is Bipartite graph?
Ans. Explained
Q15. In Bipartite graph with n vertices, derive how many max edges are possible?
Ans. Derived
Q16. What is Tripartite graph?
Ans. Don't know but I told them intuitively it look likes 3 groups similar to Bipartite graph?
Q17. In Tripartite graph of n vertices, derive how many max edges are possible?
Ans. I started derivation but was stuck in between as I didn't knew how to do derivative if there are more than one variable present in the equation.
Q18. How to derivate Mathematical equation which has more than one variables?
Ans. Told partial derivative and he said yes.
Q19. Do partial derivative and derive the final equation?
Ans. Did it correct.

This was the last question and my interview lasted for around 20-25 minutes or so. In all it was very good experience to see where I stand for IITMadras written/interview which is scheduled on 2May, 2017. Test and interview results will be announced in 1 week. Best of luck to me and you all...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IIT MADRAS MS Written and Interview